Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mommy Wants Candy


Did you know that there's a new theatre in town? The John Candy Box Theatre, a part of Second City. I will be performing Suddenly Mommy there on Saturday February 27th at 8pm! And the next day too! (At Theatre Passe Muraille Backspace, Sunday Feb 28th, 2pm). What can I say? It's a mini run. If you missed the show before, here's your chance!

I've been home with Jake for the last 2 days because he's had a fever and a cough. I know he'd be okay in daycare tomorrow but I'm just enjoying babying the heck out of him. He turned 3 on Tuesday. We went to Chuck E Cheese on the weekend. He's been wandering around saying "I'm the birthday star." My kids are going to be confident if nothing else. Delusional and confident. And today he's been saying "I'm a girl- you not a girl. You a boy." Cute. Don't know what that's all about but he's just cute, so whatever.

Which reminds me, we got a Wii for Christmas from my in-laws. Really, it's for my husband. But the kids like it too. When we play the car racing game, a CGI blonde comes out and waves a flag to start the race. I've trained Jake to point at that girl in her Daisy Dukes and hot pink halter and say "That's you Mommy!" Yes it is Jake. Yes it is. Cute and delusional: Jake's mommy that is. See you at The Candy Box. xoxo AMS
ps: for tickets to Suddenly Mommy on Feb 27th and February 28th: http://www.artsboxoffice.ca/ or call 416.504.7529

1 comment:

Andrew Joseph said...

Hello Anne Marie,
My son Hudson turned 4 a month ago, and began Jr. K in 2010 (plus day card for when he's not in school). In the 3 weeks there, he's managed get sick twice, as there is always a kid with snot hanging out of his nose that likes to spread the wealth. The worst activity I can think of was going 5-pin bowling... we shared balls with a kid's party in the lane next to us... I played, too... but all I can think of is all of that snot on the balls... and how no one cleaned their hands as we had a hotdog there. Belgh. I'm sick now.
By the way, NO one should ever mix Javex bleach (w/ammonia) and vinegar... did you know it creates a mushroom cloud of chlorine gas? Yup. I thought I was going to die.