Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Suddenly Single

It's been a while since I blogged. But that's because the family structure went from marriage to divorced and living in two homes, 5 minutes apart.

I'm not saying I'm happy about it. I'm just saying... feel free to see my next show MILF Life Crisis...

Anyway, now my ex-husband is living a five minute walk away and I have this home here. The school is in between. It's a nice set up really. Except when I joke with my older son about it, he still cries. Nobody wants their parents to split up.

I thought it'd be okay, but let's be honest, it's taken me almost two years to start blogging again. I'm going to say it was hard and sad and now I feel like I might be okay again just now. Why so long to recover? Because I didn't want it to end. And I had to go through therapy to understand I need to "surrender to what is." What is is that my marriage is over. But my mothering continues. And so the better I am as a whole person, the better the house is for my children. Never let anyone make you feel you are less that a mother. Especially yourself. Be kind to yourself. Forgive yourself. And be proud that you are letting the kids get to know the real you. (I'm basically giving myself a lecture here). Until next time... xoxo AMS


1 comment:

Andrew Joseph said...

Hello Anne Marie,
Yeah - I was saddened to heard about what you were going through when we last communicated. Crap happens. Hell... you know about my crap. But we survive.
Kids are resilient as long as the parents are.
At least you were cognizant to realize you needed to talk it out.
I did the same with a therapist, but I realized I knew the answers before the questions were asked. All it was was a chance to be heard.
I do that with writing. You... through your act (and writing). The best advice I can give (not that you need it) is to be honest with yourself and don't be afraid to talk about things.
All the best. I wish I could catch an upcoming show - but I am just unable to (no not $ this time - just time). I'm sure you are a blast. Get that angst out!